One of best ways to gain authority as a business owner or expert is by publishing a book.
Not only is your book an asset to your business, it can do far more for you in the reputation department than just about anything else.
After all, if you can say to a potential client or customer that you’re a published author… that carries a ton of weight…
Even more so when you can say you’re a best selling author. Now that’s a big deal that commands attention!
This is especially true when your book provides value and insight in your area of expertise and helps solve people’s problems.
In addition to all these benefits your book is also a lead magnet.
It can attract potential customers or clients and if assembled properly can grow your business.
Here are the main things to look out for when publishing a book as a business card…
Relevance to Your Business
Before writing your book make sure your book topic is relevant to your business. Seems obvious, but book topics have a way of changing over the course of writing…
Is the main message in your book relevant to your clients or service?
Your Plug at the End of the Book…
At the end of the book it is customary to place the author bio picture and bio as well as links to any additional publications.
In this section you can and should write copy about your business and send your readers to a specific landing page to either capture their email address or phone number, so that you can continue to market to them.
And this is where knowing how to write persuasive copy comes into play. After all… at the end of the day your goal should be all about attracting new clients or business. You want to have a clear call to action so people can get in touch with you and provide you with permission to market to them..
Infusing your Book with Authority
There are many ways to infuse your Kindle book with authority:
- Have the forward written by an industry peer (basically we’re talking about an element of social proof which is HUGE)…
- Get reviews and blurbs from esteemed peers and market leaders and include them in the beginning of your book (Again, more social proof)
- Get editorial reviews and enter them in your Kindle account so that they show up on your Kindle book sales page on Amazon.
- Be diligent about completing all your Amazon Author Central details including linking all your social media profiles and website feeds.
Need help getting it all together?
Simply schedule a free, no strings attached Skype consult and we will find a way to fast track you to becoming a published author.
And it you are already published, we’ll get eyeballs on your Kindle book so that it can actually work for you to get you leads and authority.
Just click here now and we’ll get the ball rolling 🙂
Latest posts by Shira (see all)
- Your Book As Your Business Card - June 29, 2015
- Kindle Unlimited Sales Royalty Structure Changes Affect You - June 16, 2015
- Kindle Book Pricing Psychology – How to Price Your Book - June 5, 2015
- Think Twice Before Publishing a Book Series to Kindle… - June 1, 2015
- “Will Self Publishing Your Book on Multiple Sites Hurt You?” - May 6, 2015