There are more outlets than ever for advertising your book thanks to social media. However, understanding how to sell your book properly on a platform like Facebook isn’t always as easy as it sounds. Author David Penny learned this the hard way when he started advertising his historical fiction novel on Facebook. However, his trial and error taught him what sells and what doesn’t. His advice is to try and sell your work, rather than inform people about it. Get out of your writing self and get yourself into your marketer self. This means getting peoples’ attention right away without being verbose. Sell people with a strong image and strong words. People will make a decision about your ad in a split second. Don’t lose their attention in that split second! He also learned to post his ads on weeknights between 6 and 10PM as well as early mornings on the weekends. These are times when people are more likely to be browsing Facebook. Check out everything he learned in the article below!
Read the full article here: Facebook Ads: One Author’s Experience
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- Shelfari’s Shelf Life Has Expired - January 21, 2016
- How To Overcome The Discoverability Obstacle - January 21, 2016
- Want To Be An Author? Stop Making Excuses And Prepare To Struggle - January 21, 2016
- How To Find The Proper Pricing For Your Ebook - January 20, 2016
- Treat Your Hands And Wrists Right With These Health Tips - January 20, 2016