4,000 books are self-published each day. That means that a potential reader needs to find a needle in a haystack if they want to find your book. Discoverability is one of the biggest challenges that self-published authors have to face. Even if your book is found, most books online rarely break 100 sales. If you want to give yourself a fighting chance against this struggle then you need to target a specific genre when you’re writing. In fact, you should really be aiming for a specific sub-genre. Is your book a romance? If so, is it a Victorian romance? A YA romance? A hybrid Victorian YA romance? The more specific you can be the better off your chances of discovery. If you want to really stand out then you can even do research to find highly popular genres that have lightly populated book offerings. Take advantage of this ratio by releasing a book in this genre to help your overall discoverability! Check out all the advice in the full article below.
Read the full article here: Warning! Are You Sabotaging Your Success as an Author?
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- Shelfari’s Shelf Life Has Expired - January 21, 2016
- How To Overcome The Discoverability Obstacle - January 21, 2016
- Want To Be An Author? Stop Making Excuses And Prepare To Struggle - January 21, 2016
- How To Find The Proper Pricing For Your Ebook - January 20, 2016
- Treat Your Hands And Wrists Right With These Health Tips - January 20, 2016