Price promotion is a sound marketing strategy for ebook authors, but if you’re going to use it you should understand who you’re marketing to. You need to know as much as you can about the consumers who are purchasing bargain ebooks.
Most bargain ebook readers read at least one book a week, while one in ten claims to read a book or more a day. By contrast, only five percent of the American public reads a book a week. That means that your audience is made up of power readers, many of whom read just about everywhere and anywhere they go. They also primarily use tablets. Around sixty percent of bargain ebook readers said they prefer to get their reading done on an iPad or Kindle Fire device. These kinds of readers are also genre fiction readers. The majority enjoy mysteries, thrillers, or romance books, and they’re not afraid to try new authors. They’re especially likely to check out a new author through an ebook price promotion. Perhaps best of all, they tend to read the books they download and become loyal fans if they enjoy the work. Sixty-five percent will even recommend books they like to a friend. With stats like that, how can you afford not to use price promotion?
Read the full article here: 11 Things You Don’t Know About Bargain Ebook Buyers
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- Shelfari’s Shelf Life Has Expired - January 21, 2016
- How To Overcome The Discoverability Obstacle - January 21, 2016
- Want To Be An Author? Stop Making Excuses And Prepare To Struggle - January 21, 2016
- How To Find The Proper Pricing For Your Ebook - January 20, 2016
- Treat Your Hands And Wrists Right With These Health Tips - January 20, 2016