Pinterest is an image-based social media platform used by small businesses that focus on fashion, food, and crafts. It has created a thriving online community, and it’s one that you as an indie author can take advantage of. How can you use Pinterest in your book marketing efforts?
There is already a community of writers and readers on Pinterest. They have pins and boards dedicated to their favorite books and recommendations, to quotes and writing tips. Join this group and start networking, and you can begin to use Pinterest to drive traffic to your website. If you want to advertise your book, for example, you could create a board for photos of and about your book and pin the cover image to that board. You can then link your photos so that when someone clicks on them, they’re whisked away directly to your website. The key to getting noticed is to get repins from other users. That’s how your message gets spread. Promotions and events you’re doing, photos of your writing inspirations, and writing tips are all things that will generate repins. With the right strategy, Pinterest can be a fantastic (and free!) marketing tool for any indie writer!
Read the full article here: 3 Ways to Use Pinterest to Promote Your Book
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- Shelfari’s Shelf Life Has Expired - January 21, 2016
- How To Overcome The Discoverability Obstacle - January 21, 2016
- Want To Be An Author? Stop Making Excuses And Prepare To Struggle - January 21, 2016
- How To Find The Proper Pricing For Your Ebook - January 20, 2016
- Treat Your Hands And Wrists Right With These Health Tips - January 20, 2016