Do You Have an Amazon Author Central Account?
One if the biggest advantages to becoming an Amazon Kindle published Author, is your eligibility to create an Amazon Author Central Account.
Sadly many accomplished published authors tend to skip this powerful marketing tool.
Amazon Author Central is powerful. Not only is does the website have very high authority and Page Rank, Author Central tools are very useful in marketing your Kindle books and promoting your self as a published author.
Once your book goes live on Amazon you are eligible for an Amazon Author Central Account.
Setting Up Your Free Amazon Author Central Account
Once published, expect to receive an email from Kindle Direct Publishing announcing the news and inviting you to create your Amazon Author Central Account.
Note your book ASIN enclosed in the email. You will need this to locate your book later and associate it to you as the author.
To create the account, simply go to Amazon Author Central and select Join.
Sign up with your Amazon account details as your accounts will be linked together.
If you are publishing under a pen name for the first time, follow the instructions here to set up an Amazon Author Central Account for your pen name.
Complete Your Amazon Author Central Profile
Your Amazon Author Central Profile is key to marketing more effectively both on and off Amazon.
In addition to your Author bio showing beneath your book listing, your Author central profile provides a meaty marketing platform and allows you to:
- Pull in the RSS feed from your blog – Send your readers to your blog and connect with them on your turf!
- Link a Twitter account and display your latest tweets – Making it easy for people to find and follow you on Twitter
- Share Photos and videos – allow your readers to get to know you, tease them with trailers of your books!
- Create an Amazon Author Profile URL – Use this powerful tool to promote yourself as a published author and drive more readers to your books.
Your Amazon Author URL
Your Amazon Author URL is key to your marketing efforts.
Including it in your email signature, books, online social profiles and websites is a must. Amazon shows you how to create your profile URL right here.
The ability to send someone to a pretty URL on Amazon that points to you will certainly help promoting your published status as well as provide interested readers with the opportunity to view your entire body of work.
Setting up your Amazon Author URL takes just a minute, my recommendations is – Worth Doing!
Visit me on Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/author/shiragal
International Author Central Accounts
If your Kindle book is published worldwide you are eligible to create separate Amazon Author Central Accounts on each of the Kindle Stores worldwide. Amazon is adding on country business entities constantly.
Each of these Amazon Websites is a high authority website. Although currently you can create an author URL only on Amazon.com perhaps this will change in the near future.
If your book is in English you can expect to make most of your sales from Amazon.com. However you can also easily get to the top of the bestsellers lists in less competitive countries such as Amazon UK and Amazon Germany.
Latest posts by Shira (see all)
- Your Book As Your Business Card - June 29, 2015
- Kindle Unlimited Sales Royalty Structure Changes Affect You - June 16, 2015
- Kindle Book Pricing Psychology – How to Price Your Book - June 5, 2015
- Think Twice Before Publishing a Book Series to Kindle… - June 1, 2015
- “Will Self Publishing Your Book on Multiple Sites Hurt You?” - May 6, 2015