As an author you’re expected to have a social media presence. The most obvious social networking app for writers is Twitter because of its reliance on the written word, but there are a surprising number of compelling reasons for an author to start using instagram. Instagram is a social media network that is perfect for providing visuals of your lifestyle. People are often enamored by the lifestyle of authors, so it can really help you to connect with fans if you take photos of what you’re reading, what type of coffee or tea you’re drinking, or where you happen to be writing that day. You can also use it to promote upcoming events, show off new artwork for your book, or sponsor competitions. The competition space can be especially lucrative if you encourage your followers on instagram to create content that they link to your account. It’ll create buzz and get your fans involved in your life! Take a look at all the great ways you can be using instagram to promote your work!
Read the full article here: 5 Ways to Use Instagram as an Author
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- Shelfari’s Shelf Life Has Expired - January 21, 2016
- How To Overcome The Discoverability Obstacle - January 21, 2016
- Want To Be An Author? Stop Making Excuses And Prepare To Struggle - January 21, 2016
- How To Find The Proper Pricing For Your Ebook - January 20, 2016
- Treat Your Hands And Wrists Right With These Health Tips - January 20, 2016