As a published Amazon Kindle Author , one of the best ways to drive traffic to your Kindle book is by creating a video trailer.
Get as creative as possible and remember – don’t be stuffy!
5 Ideas for Book Video Trailers For Your Kindle Book Promotion:
- Video tape an interview about your book. If technology scares you you can easily accomplish this using Google Plus Hangouts On Air.
- Read out the first chapter of your book or a book teaser, add in some images and stock video to make it visually stimulating! Recording your voice is easier than you may think. Using free Audacity software virtually anyone can do this. If you feel your voice is not “presentable” write out your script and hire someone from Fiverr to prepare the voice over for you.
- Whip out your video camera and stage a scene from your book – this may be more costly but can draw potential readers into your storyline and enticing them to continue on to buy and read your Kindle book.
- Use a fun free platform such as Animoto to create a 30 second video. You can use stock audio, photos and even incorporate your own video clips or stock video motion graphics to produce your final video book trailer. Make sure you have the rights to display these elements!
- Create a compilation of other people talking / written reviews about your video. While this may sound dry, social proof is a powerful driving force to any potential sale!
8 Tips To Get The Most Out of YouTube as Your Kindle Book Video Trailer Platform
YouTube is the most searched video site in the world. Placing your video on YouTube also allows you to easily embed your video on your website. Most important, YouTube videos get shared and contain social proof elements such as likes and comments (not to mention it is FREE!!!).
- Your video should be under a minute long – the optimal length for a video trailer is 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- If you are speaking in your trailer, try to speak quickly, people are impatient. To get it right, script out your video and practice before recording your audio track.
- Include the name of your book in the video title as well as your main keywords (if they are not already included in your video title.
- Video branding – Display your book cover clearly in your video trailer. Consider including additional video branding elements in your videos.
- Provide a clean and direct link to your kindle Book Sales Page on Amazon. Don’t make the mistake of linking your video to your website. If someone is clicking on your link you might as well make a sale! Make sure your link appears above the fold in the video description. Few people will click on the description ”show more” to find your hidden link!
- Tag your video properly!
- Make sure your video is not boring!!! Make sure you have some imagery going on in your video.
- Include social proof in your video if you have any. Social proof can be in the form of editorial reviews or testimonial excerpts. You can also include some social links at the bottom of your book description for example – link to your twitter, Facebook and website.
Want to rock video marketing? Read my Kindle Book Marketing With Video Using Secret Keyword Tactics today!
Latest posts by Shira (see all)
- Your Book As Your Business Card - June 29, 2015
- Kindle Unlimited Sales Royalty Structure Changes Affect You - June 16, 2015
- Kindle Book Pricing Psychology – How to Price Your Book - June 5, 2015
- Think Twice Before Publishing a Book Series to Kindle… - June 1, 2015
- “Will Self Publishing Your Book on Multiple Sites Hurt You?” - May 6, 2015