You have an idea for a novel but there’s just so much to do from start to finish! Keep calm, there are steps you can take to help you get through it all! The first thing you need to do is write the first draft, of course. You can start out by writing notes and outlines, then just write whatever comes to mind with the intention of revising and editing later.
Then what do you do when your first draft is finished? Well, you need to ask yourself if it’s really finished. Re-read it as if it’s someone else’s book, and even ask people you trust to review it as well.
It’s also highly advisable to hire a professional editor. Even though you might think your work is flawless, having a second set of professional eyes, is always a good idea. Once all of your content is ready to go, you can start looking into doing pre-publication prep work.
You should also start marketing as you’re finishing up the book so that you have everything ready to go once it’s published. Then of course, the final step, is to publish it! Once you’ve done all of that, you’re going to want to promote it, and this article has some great tips on how to do all of the above!
Read the full story here :: From First Draft to Book Launch: How to Publish a Novel
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- Shelfari’s Shelf Life Has Expired - January 21, 2016
- How To Overcome The Discoverability Obstacle - January 21, 2016
- Want To Be An Author? Stop Making Excuses And Prepare To Struggle - January 21, 2016
- How To Find The Proper Pricing For Your Ebook - January 20, 2016
- Treat Your Hands And Wrists Right With These Health Tips - January 20, 2016