Why Gift your Kindle Book?
Knowing how to give your Amazon Kindle book as a gift is useful.
Many times you will find yourself asking people or editorial staff to review your Kindle book. Unfortunately people will not always be ready to buy your book if it is full price.
There is value in receiving a “verified Amazon Purchase” review as opposed to simply sending someone a PDF copy of your book and asking them to enter their review in Amazon.
To make getting reviews super easy I recommend on giving your Kindle book as a gift. To gift your book or any other product on Amazon all you need to know is the recipient’s email address and name.
Watch this video walking you through how to give your Kindle Book as a gift on Amazon
How to Give your Kindle Book As a Gift – Step by Step
Here is a recap of the steps required to give your Kindle book as a gift to a recipient by email:
- Log into your Amazon account, find your book that you would like to give as a gift and then click on “give as a gift”.
- Specify the Gift recipient email address:
You can send directly to the recipient by filling in their email address (they don’t have to have an Amazon account to receive a Kindle book). All you need to know is their email address. So if you’re sending your book to an editorial review staff all you need to know is their email and name. Or you can also email the gift to yourself and then forward the gift from your own personal email.
- Schedule when your Amazon gift will be delivered: Now – it will be delivered immediately or you can specify a date.
- Add a personalized message: You can also attach a personalized message to your gift. And so you would enter your gift recipient name, your name appears by default as the sender, though you can change it if you would like to use a nickname or pen name. You can also enter in a personal message of up to 300 characters, which they will get this message with the gift certificate.
Your message is going to change depending on who you are giving the gift to and for what purpose. If you are giving it as an editorial request or a review request your message will contain the words;”please review my book” or “I appreciate your review and seeing it on Amazon” and so on. If you are giving the gift as a personal gift obviously you are going to put in a personal message in here. It’s a really nice touch so I recommend you take the time to do this.
- Preview Your message: Once you have entered your personal message you can preview what the message is going to look like by click on “preview email”
In this sample message (see image), I wrote: “Hi shira, I hope you enjoy your special copy of my book! I look forward to seeing your review on Amazon. Best wishes, Shira”.
The person that receives this is going to click on “Get your gift now” and are going to get information on how to download the book that they just received as a gift.Remember, it’s always fun to receive gifts! So don’t be afraid to give your book as a gift and get the person, the recipient, give them a great feeling and also a really easy way to access your Kindle content and read your book.
- Place your order : click on; “place your order”. At this stage you are paying for the gift purchase and will them be directed to a thank you page with the details of your purchase.
Your book will count as a verified purchase and a verified review if that person actually claims their gift and opens it on their Kindle.
You can also manage your order so if you suddenly want to take your gift back (which is obviously not a good idea) you can view your digital orders and you can also of course continue shopping in the Kindle Store.
So now you can see how easy it is to give your Kindle book as a gift to somebody else on Amazon.com, whether you want to get a review or simply brighten up someone’s day, take advantage of this feature!
Comment or question? Please share them below!
Latest posts by Shira (see all)
- Your Book As Your Business Card - June 29, 2015
- Kindle Unlimited Sales Royalty Structure Changes Affect You - June 16, 2015
- Kindle Book Pricing Psychology – How to Price Your Book - June 5, 2015
- Think Twice Before Publishing a Book Series to Kindle… - June 1, 2015
- “Will Self Publishing Your Book on Multiple Sites Hurt You?” - May 6, 2015