Did you know that the extremely successful and increasingly-popular ‘Elf On The Shelf’ started out as a self-published book? It’s true! If you’re unfamiliar with the premise, ‘Elf On The Shelf’ is a book that comes packaged with a toy elf. The elf is supposed to be deployed in the home leading up to Christmas and spies on the children in the home to make sure they’re being good. To prove the elf is doing his job, the parents reposition him every night in fun ways. Chanda Bell is the author of the series and originally only intended to help share her family tradition with other families. She tried using the conventional publishing route but no one would bite. After several rejections they decided to start small by introducing the product into local markets and various fairs. The book ended up taking off and has resulted in a national phenomenon. To see how it all happened, check out the full article below!
Read the full article here: How I Do It: Christmas Special with the Elf on the Shelf
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- Shelfari’s Shelf Life Has Expired - January 21, 2016
- How To Overcome The Discoverability Obstacle - January 21, 2016
- Want To Be An Author? Stop Making Excuses And Prepare To Struggle - January 21, 2016
- How To Find The Proper Pricing For Your Ebook - January 20, 2016
- Treat Your Hands And Wrists Right With These Health Tips - January 20, 2016