Creating the perfect first line is extremely important, and can make or break a book purchase immediately. Stephen King reportedly will spend months, even years developing a first line for a book, that’s how important he thinks it is!
The first line should do four things; tell the plot of the story, tell something about the main character, give a clue of the tone of the book, and convey the setting. See the article for examples!
Read the full story here :: The Art of the First Line
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- Shelfari’s Shelf Life Has Expired - January 21, 2016
- How To Overcome The Discoverability Obstacle - January 21, 2016
- Want To Be An Author? Stop Making Excuses And Prepare To Struggle - January 21, 2016
- How To Find The Proper Pricing For Your Ebook - January 20, 2016
- Treat Your Hands And Wrists Right With These Health Tips - January 20, 2016