What does 2016 hold for the book publishing industry? It’s impossible to predict the future, but there are certainly trends that can help us understand what to expect in the year ahead. The data suggests that indie ebook authors will continue to grow in market share at the expense of large publishers. Unfortunately, the ebook market has gotten more challenging, which means that many full-time indie authors will not be able to support themselves solely from writing income anymore in 2016. Publishing models will also likely shift in the new year. Subscription models are becoming increasingly more common and indie ebook authors probably won’t be thrilled with the way this model functions. Indie authors will also be disappointed by Amazon’s business model that seems to be training Kindle readers to view even 99 cent books as too expensive. 2016 is just beginning, but pay attention to how these predictions play out!
Read the full article here: 2016 Book Publishing Industry Predictions: Myriad Opportunities amid a Slow Growth Environment
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- Shelfari’s Shelf Life Has Expired - January 21, 2016
- How To Overcome The Discoverability Obstacle - January 21, 2016
- Want To Be An Author? Stop Making Excuses And Prepare To Struggle - January 21, 2016
- How To Find The Proper Pricing For Your Ebook - January 20, 2016
- Treat Your Hands And Wrists Right With These Health Tips - January 20, 2016